Thursday, August 10, 2006

What Was He Thinking? Was He Thinking at All?

I have to say, to the marketing wizards employed by Geico Insurance you all are certainly an entertaining bunch. Obviously your commercials are working. You’ve got my attention. Will I change insurance carriers? Not likely. I’ll do you one better and discuss the embarrassment that is Burt Bacharach.

Burt! What were you thinking? Are you lacking in capital? Why else would you possibly take part in a commercial that makes you look like you are having an epileptic/idiot savant episode? Dude!

Let me fill in those of you who may have more of a life than myself and have not taken note of the lyrics that Mr. Bacharach is singing during the commercial:

“I was hit in the rear.”
“The lizard licks his eyeballs.”
“I hope I’ll never get hit in the rear.....again.”

Burt, for the love of all that is dignified, what’s with the bazaar trance like state? Perhaps you are hosed (pun intended? - you bet your ass!) to the max. I can’t think of any other way you agreed to such image debauchery. Surely you did not need this type of exposure.

These commercials are more suited to Charo and Little Richard. I don’t’ have nightmares after viewing their spots. Burt please, get some new people. These are dragging you so far down.

5 comments:

wallofdenial said...

Morning Wicked......Perhaps he was TRYING to be funny????? Not that it worked,,,,,But it's a thought.

As for Charo, Just how did she manage to get that much platic to jiggle anyway?

Little Richard just looks sick.

Wicked H said...

Good Morning Dave! I guess my sense of humor is quite different. That commercial just makes me cringe. When it's time, I am calling Charo to get her plastic surgeon's number, for sure. Little Richard has not changed.....

Have a great weekend!

wallofdenial said...

They all make me cringe

:P fuzzbox said...

I was wondering if he had a stroke or something. The only one of these commercials that I enjoy is with the movie trailer guy. That one is phunny.

t2ed said...

I thought he was "zoned out" because he was very heavily self-medicated.

It was the only explanation I could come up with to explain his participation.