Friday, February 09, 2007

Petrified

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I can usually get myself through most situations but the dentist terrifies me. Unfortunately, I have many issues with my choppers. I am sure it is the exact reason I am so afraid. If I know that it’s a simple cleaning, I suffer no anxiety at all. Otherwise, I am an internal basket case. I was raised not to project my anxiety onto others.

I have to have a major procedure done and I have to go today to meet the dentist that will perform the services. I can think of a million other things I’d rather do instead of visiting the dentist but I know I cannot put it off any longer.

So wish me luck or wish me the least amount of discomfort. If you don’t hear form me for a couple of days, it’s because it all didn’t go as smoothly as I am hoping.
Have a good weekend. Those of us in cold climates, try and stay warm.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Wicked!!!, Hey it's cold outside, will you be able to chatter your chomppers???? Just a little dental levity:);):(

Margaret said...

What a horrible yet accurate photo. Hope all goes well.

Robin said...

You might want to consider asking your primary care physician for some anti-anxiety medication to use on such occassions. It's really helpful.

Wicked H said...

GAH!!! Is it too late to cancel the appt????

Heavy sigh.......

Anonymous said...

Good luck, you big weanie. :-)

dee said...

ACK! I'm so with you as I am terrified of dentists too. If its more than just cleaning, I try to hold it together but find tears streaming down my cheeks the minute the dentist comes near.

Hang in there girl, it will be over with faster than you can imagine now.

Weary Hag said...

Oh dear oh dear. I share your distaste (pardon pun) for the dentist. I cannot imagine why anyone would purposely go into a practice in which everyone in the entire universe is going to pretty much hate or fear them.

I guess dentists and IRS auditors have that in common.

Hey, have missed you! Good luck on your dental work ...