Saturday, April 01, 2006

Dear Neighborhood Woodpecker:

I love Spring. Love it! I look forward to hearing the birds chirping and the pollen flying while things are blooming. Armed with my Zyrtec, this is my absolute favorite time of year.

What I do not love, however, is your seeking out unnatural sources with which to hone your pecking skills. Trees, good. Aluminum siding at 5 am on the weekends, not so good. In fact just stop now. Hop back onto your choice of trees and do what you naturally do on a tree.

Consider yourself warned woodpecker. I am not beyond purchasing a gun and using you as target practice the next time I awaken to the sound of jack hammering on my siding.

Hugs and Kisses - Wicked H

3 comments:

Matthew S. Urdan said...

Love this post! It's one of those that either hits you or it doesn't. It hit me and I laughed so hard for about 20 seconds breathing was impossible. What a great way to wake up in the morning, and a perfect post for April Fool's Day.

Have a great one!

Meltwater. Torrents. Meanderings. Delta.

HotForSimon said...

OH yeah....we've had that happen here before....NOT a fun way to wake up.

Wicked H said...

Matthew: Thanks for stopping by.

HFS: I can think of ten gazillion more fun things..

Rude: I needed an excuse for the firearm purchase :-)