Monday, January 08, 2007

A Whole Lot of Nothing

The weekend’s heat wave gave me the opportunity to practice one of the seven deadly sins. Yes friends, I was a sloth this weekend.

I spent much quality time on my deck soaking up some vitamin D but after that I was compelled to turn on the AC when I went back inside. Seriously, I am going to contact a coupe of my meteorological type friends and ask them if we can send good ole Mamma Nature some HRT into the atmosphere.

It’s January! I’d like to wear winter clothes and see a few inches of snow. Not possible when the weather was 73 degrees. If I wanted to live in Florida or Arizona I would have moved there.

I need four distinct seasons. Not too much to ask.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait for it. This is just a clever ploy to soften us up.

Anonymous said...

Pfft - I am all for El Nino moving one season of sunshine further north!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. This weather is absurd.

Anonymous said...

Wait for it. Can you say Global Warming? Not quite yet, we don't have 60 Senators.

HotForSimon said...

It was beautiful here...you would have thought it was May or June...not the beginning of January.

It's odd.

It doesn't snow much here, but when we get it, we GET it...so...hopefully we'll still see some this year.

This hot weather this time of year is un-nerving.

Margaret said...

I don't even live where it is unusual to have this much heat. Sigh.

Sloth is one of my faborite of the deadly sins.

Wicked H said...

Oy! I will just continue to apply cold packs to the back of my neck.

El Nino, Global warming you are both killing me!! Not to mention all other evils that happen due to you both.

Amy said...

The weather idiots are forecasting SNOW for us this weekend... the first time in EIGHT YEARS. I'm hoping it pans out, myself. I prefer the cold to our triple digit summers!