Monday, January 29, 2007

Oooo, Eeee, Ooooo, Ah, Ah...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I survived the estrogen overload festival otherwise known as Gestational Countessa’s baby shower. It was not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be. It was hosted by my Mother who was very smart and had us all gather at a local restaurant.

My Mother and I arrived early to set the place up and BS and Sous-Chef Mermaid were not too far behind. Of course our favors were a hit, anything hand made usually is. BS and I were going to play a drinking game during the event. The premise was anytime any of the guests tried to retrieve chocolate from the favor, we’d have to take a shot. Unfortunately, I did not have enough in my flask to cover the event and we really did not witness anyone trying to destroy our work.

GC’s friends jumped into action during the gift reveal, so not only did I not have to write down every detail of who gave what, I also was able to avoid the dreaded ooooooos and ahhhhhhhhhs.

I am more than a little excited to meet my new niece. Hopefully she won’t show up on time as I have a date with Billy Joel in Raleigh. Smelly, if you are tuning in, either come early or at least 2 days late.

Love and Kisses - Aunt Wicked

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh - looks LOVELY. And, please tell Billy Joel I said "hello", wouldya?

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling a strange craving for cake all of a sudden...

Margaret said...

So glad to hear it went well and less painfully than you anticipated. What did you make for the favors again? I seem to have missed that part.

Robin said...

My personal favorite baby shower tactic was employed with great success this weekend.

Someone always brings an infant. "Oooh, can I hold the baby?" Holds baby for a few minutes.

"I think she's getting a little over-stimulated, maybe I'll just walk around with her for a minute." Walks off to quiet part of house and enjoys snuggle time with someone else's baby.

Meanwhile, said baby's Mom breathes a sigh of relief at not having to juggle baby and glass of punch. Everyone wins.

Wicked H said...

Brittski: Will do. I am showing him your MM rendition of HBD!!!

Crzyldy: The cake was quite yummy.

Sophie: The favors in question were small baby bottles stuffed with chocolate. However; the chocolates were surgically placed into the plastic bottle. In order to get to the candy, you'd have to harm the bottle. Long story....

Wicked H said...

Robin: I was so hoping for a baby to be there for that exact reason. Alas, a baby did make an appearance at the end of the shower, by then there was too much interest in the little bundle. But should I end up at another shower (groan) I will definitely keep that in mind.

The CEO said...

And all this time I thought you could control these events simply by the force of your will. I still believe that too.

wallofdenial said...

looks like you need a larger flask