Monday, July 11, 2005

Hey Diddle Diddle

If I am having good rapport with my restaurant server, I enjoy measuring his/her level of humor.

Last night, HFS, HFS Jr. and I ate out after a very intellectually stimulating experience at the Smithsonian’s Museum of Natural History. We ended up at one of my favorite places and had a very fun server, TJ. ( Hi TJ!!) When our meal was done, TJ asked us if everything was ok. There was barely a morsel left on anyone’s plate.

Wicked H: It was TERRIBLE, we are never coming back here again.

TJ: I can see that. The salmon must have swum right off your plate.

HFS
: The chicken was horrendous.

TJ: So, the salmon and the chicken ran away.

Wicked H & HFS: ( in unison) Yes, and the cow jumped over the moon.

TJ left us visibly giggling while retrieving our bill. HFS Jr. on the other hand was trying to become invisible. We make every effort to embarrass her while out in public.

Mission accomplished.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds good!

I once had a boyfriend who thoroughly astounded a waiter by asking for a "wafer thin mint," like the guy in the Monty Python sketch. Unfortunately, the French waiter obviously hadn't seen it, and was totally thrown! Many very embarrassed people as my then-boyfriend proceeded to ask for "just a wafer thin one" in an appalling French accent.. Oh, the shame!!

Anonymous said...

Embarrassing kids is fun, especially in a public forum like a restaurant or theater.

HotForSimon said...

You think that is bad...you should have seen her face at the Yankees game this past Friday when myself and the other females in our group were yelling at Derek Jeter, telling him he had a nice ass!!

MoooOOOm!!! STOP IT!!!

LMAO

We had a sign too...it said "Hey Jeter, we drove all the way from NC to stare at your ASS"! LOL I can't imagine WHY we didn't make it on the jumbo screen! LOL

Chandira said...

ROFLMAO...

Robert's a chronic bad-joke-waiter-abuser.. ;-) it's usually me that gets embarrassed. NOBODY gets his jokes.. ever. But he keeps trying.