Sunday, November 06, 2005

Pot Luck Etiquette

I have a question for the masses.

If you are invited to a family pot luck brunch and you are acutely aware of the number to be present, shouldn’t your dish be plentiful enough for those in attendance? Similarly, shouldn’t you simply leave the 12 pieces of peanut butter brownies at the hosts home upon your departure?

Perhaps my expectations are too high. Or the offender is a) out to lunch, b) her elevator does not reach the penthouse, c) she somehow got switched in the nursery before being brought home or d) all of the above.

Whatever!

8 comments:

HotForSimon said...

All of the above.

Then again, maybe she just wanted to make sure she got her gladware plastic dish back.

Oh well, I'm sure they weren't that good anyway. ((LOL))

But, I'm sure it was prob better than year old cake, regardless. ((SNORT))

Anonymous said...

Was this a family member? Never forget that it's normal for family members to behave just the way you think they shouldn't. To expect otherwise is folly. Come to think of it, that also goes for most of the human race beyond the family....... :)

Joe said...

Ridiculous! I'm with you. Someone deserves a lesson in "Miss Manners".

:-D

Wicked H said...

HFS: Thank God I got out of the year old stale cake thing. Jeez

Gareth: I figured my expectations were too high...

Joe: That's what I am talking about!!! I knew I could count on you to see it my way.

Anonymous said...

Like HFS said, All Of The Above, and then some......when will she get a clue? Oh, I know, she was trying to keep those unwanted pounds off my fat ass. Yea, that's it, that's the ticket.

Peter A. Clay said...

Well the comments seem a little one sided so maybe we should examine the situation just a little bit further.

First the look at the pure economics of it all. If everyone brings something that can feed everyone, doesn't that create an over abundance or over supply?

And maybe the person is poor and couldn't afford to bring enough for everyone, especially knowing that others would bring stuff as well. So it's kind of a thought that counts type of thing.

You maybe right the answer maybe all of the above, but you never know!

Wicked H said...

Thanks for visitng and your comment Peter. Come back anytime.

Anonymous said...

I choose C...Hey it could happen!!



o
o D