Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Over the Potomac and Through DC to Brain Surgeon’s House We Go

Since my mom had her heart attack it’s become tradition to gather at BS’s house for Thanksgiving. We are going on three years now. The typical routine is for me to show up early on Turkey day after I have dropped Dexter off at his Grandparent’s house.

I have actually enjoyed this new tradition, it gives my Mom a break and it makes for great bonding moments for BS, Little Mermaid and I. B-I-L is usually watching football games and giving us backseat suggestions for the menu. We are accomplished cooks/chefs if I must say so myself. What’s on the menu? The traditional stuff with our usual twist. YS will be spending Turkey day with her M-I-L. She usually shows up for dessert. We have a bet going to see if she will bring a half eaten pie or cake.

Also this year I want to see how much money Little Mermaid will earn. You see, so far we have had to bribe her with cash to ingest any type of vegetable. Such the entrepreneur that kid (I am secretly proud of that particular character trait). She is probably a closet vegetarian but is counting on the cash for her visits to the Limited Too. (The love of shopping gene was not passed on by me)

Hopefully we can all be on our best behavior, remember why we are gathered and be thankful of all we have and that the family is for the most part healthy and happy.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happiest of Thanksivings to you too Wicked. There are bound to be good stories to come from the gathering. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Lobotomies are not on the menu. Right Wicked?

Happy Turkey Day to you and your family.

Wicked H said...

Anon and Phillip: Hopefully I will have many stories to share. Also as long as I stay on Brain Surgeon's good side, I am safe from any surgical procedures.

Don't each too much!

Weary Hag said...

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! Sorry I couldn't get here sooner - thank you after-holiday migraine.

My sisters and I used to make bets on the holidays as to what color hair my one sister's latest beau would have (she was notoriously late in arriving as well, and always had someone new to show off).

Love it!