Friday, November 04, 2005

Clowns to the Left of Me, Jokers to the Right…

Every month, I am surrounded by otherwise seemingly intelligent, functional individuals whose brain synapses cease-fire for 5 days. You can set your watch by it.

Is it the stress of reaching a deadline? They really don’t act as if they even care about the freaking deadline. Could they be fooling the rest of us the remaining 25 days of the month? Anything is possible. Do they act this way to simply drive me batty? Even though I may not show it on the outside, that is truly the result of these brain farts. And they are the smelly kind.

This process takes place 12 times a year. We have been performing it for four years now. If anyone of you has any ideas as to how I can motivate the troops to not freak out at the end of each month, I am open to all suggestions.

On my way to purchase spectacles I think I might also pick up a wig. You know, to hide these bald spots created by me pulling my hair out.

10 comments:

Chandira said...

Donuts.. Donuts are always good!

I know the feeling, I have a boss like that!! A BOSS! Sheesh...

Gareth said...

So that's why my hair seems to be thinner than it was (though I must have been tearing my hair out in my sleep, since I have no recollection of it).

HotForSimon said...

Smacking them might work...

web_loafer said...

How about sneaking into everyone's house and changing all move forward all of their calendars....on their computers, phones and wall. Make them think it is next week...
Well maybe that won't work, I'll come up with a better plan next week.
Until then, pass the Crispy Cremes.

web_loafer said...

I really should have proofread that one.


How about sneaking into everyone's house and changing all of their calendars? If they think it is next week, they may make this weeks deadline....

Wicked H said...

Chandira: I've tried the food route. The sugar rush just enables them further and nobody likes healthy snacks.

Gareth: Thankfully, bald spots look good on men. Not sure if that helps you or not...


HFS: Smacking, hmmmmmmmm.....

DcLc: The deadlines are not imposed by myself so unless the higher ups relax, that is a no go. However, threatening to hire another crew, now there is an excellent idea.

Loafer: Also a good suggestion. I'll report back next month.

Thanks all!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, WH, I feel better now ;)

Weary Hag said...

Deadlines, can't live with em, can't live with em.

The odd thing is, I work my BEST when I'm pressed up against a deadline. I do procrastinate till last minute, but then put out my best quality work!

(but as a side thought, I'm thinking whips and chains work well)

kris said...

I think some of this is attributable to the fact that most coworkers are cyborgs.

Wicked H said...

Whips and chains......oh. You meant to motivate the troops. Sorry, my mind took a gutter trip for a second.

Cyborgs! I should be able to rewire or short circuit them. This is fantastic news!!!