Monday, August 15, 2005

Perseverance Pays Off

Or a message to parents: be careful what you promise.

Little Mermaid, my 10 year old niece, has hit pay dirt. Her parents promised she could get a dog if she got straight A’s. They should have made the stakes a bit higher because I knew she would have no problem achieving that goal.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce you to Google. He is the newest member of the family. Cousin to Dexter and Homer and my Grand Nephew. He is a 3 month old golden-doodle and was aptly named by yours truly. I suggested the name Google for 2 reasons; his breed type and the fact that he was found via Internet.



Next to Dexter, he is the sweetest thing. Welcome to the family, Google!!!

Good luck with the scooping of the poop Little Mermaid. I think you might need to invest in some nose plugs. It would look kind of funny if you were retching while walking the Googster

4 comments:

Chandira said...

:-)

Golden-doodle? Robert's cousin has a labradoodle. He's one crazy dog!!
Google looks a bit saner, that's cool.. lol

Wicked H said...

Thanks for all your comments. I will pass the greetings to Google.

I have been asked a couple of times what is a golden-doodle? It is the breeding of a golden retriever and a standard poodle.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Wicked: Thanks for introducing Google to your readers. What a great picture. Well your readers are right....Mom and Dad are doing most of the scooping. Little Mermaid is doing her share as well though. The Google monster is figuring out the potty thing, but we are still having some accidents. Oh, RP, I hope my Little Mermaid makes Dean's List all 4 years as you did. I hope I live to see it. Thanks for all the great comments. Google and Little Mermaid's mom...Nutcracker Sweet 54

Unknown said...

CUTIE DOGGIE!

I wish my parents gave me rewards too when I was in gardeschool thru high school. I was getting strainght A's but they said I was doing it for myself, didn't get gifts every grading period for being a good student.

Keep up the good work, Little Mermaid!

By the way, hopping from the DC blogs.