Thursday, April 07, 2005

What Not to Wear

I am a person who enjoys the conveniences life has to offer. If an errand can be accomplished via the Internet, I am all over it. If I can handle a task via a drive through, life is good. I am not avoiding people by completing my business efficiently, I simply don’t like to lengthen any task that can be accomplished quicker; ergo less hassle.

This brings me to my dealings with my Bank. I noticed that my debit card was going to expire in March 05. Near the end of February 05 I went into the Bank and inquired as to the status of my new card. They assured me that I would have it prior to the end of March. I asked them if the expiration date was enforced at any particular time of the month. The Bank told me it could be used through the month of March. Great, no problem. Of course, the first time I tried to use my card in the month of March, it was denied due to expiration. I rarely carry cash so this was a rather large inconvenience for me. Off to the Bank I go, again.

I walk into my local branch and am greeted with the following ( keep in mind that it is casual Friday):

Bank Manager (BM): Oh ma’am, it is no longer the 80’s. You don’t need to match your socks to your sweater.
Wicked: (Befuddled) First of all, I didn’t ask you for fashion advice. Secondly, if I need a fashion consult I will contact Stacey and Clinton. Is it possible for you to give me advice regarding my debit card?
BM: Absolutely, I’ll need to walk over to my terminal.
Wicked: Walk quickly. I don’t have a lot of time.

With a few clicks of her mouse she stated that I would have my new card in 3 business days.

BM: I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my earlier comment.
Wicked: Apology not accepted; it’s a bit too late.

And with that I took my matching socks and sweatered-self out of the Bank.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Holy crap! This actually happen to you? I might suggest finding another bank on principle alone. What a jerk. :/ People can be so rude.

Wicked H said...

You know a little part of me was hoping that Stacey and Clinton were going to jump out of a remote corner and offer me the 5 thousand dollar Visa card.

Alas, my destiny was the rude Bank manager.....

Wicked H said...

RP:

I have a vulgar stalker, that is the reason for the deleted comment.

And, um, how did you know I had matching underwear???

:-)

Jodie said...

People have fewer and fewer boundaries these days...it's getting weirder and weirder out there.