Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Hi. My Name is Wicked H and I am a Procrastinator

I am not proud of this fact but so far it has served me quite well. I realize I can test fate only so far but why stop while I am on the good end of the stick. Twelve step programs be damned!

I ask you, how many of you out there could have pulled this off today? It is the last day of the month, the day where all other procrastinators are also on line at the emissions testing station and the DMV. What type of time frame would you imagine I needed to keep my vehicle legally on the road? I was guessing that the emissions test would have taken me at least three hours which would have gotten me to the dreaded DMV around 3 pm. I know what you are thinking. Re- registering my vehicle could have taken place online. No kidding, I am Queen of online errands. Remember, grocery shopping, hello Peapod. However, emissions testing you have to do in person, so I put it off. I will admit that I went to the emissions testing place in Maryland while on vacation asking them why they couldn’t just test my emissions there when my vehicle is registered in Virginia. Yes, yes, they laughed at me. Bastards!

So, I am giddy to report that it took one hour for my emissions test and then a mere 20 minutes in the DMV on the LAST of the month.

HA!!

They say good things come in threes. To round off my perfect day and to further prove the procrastination theorem, I finally dialed the phone number of my new brother. I have had his number for well over a month and just kept putting the call off. I don’t have a good reason. We did communicate promptly via e-mail, I am not a total sloth. I am happy to report that I have made my first connection via this blog. I am even happier to report that he sounds just as I imagined he would. This is the real McCoy. I cannot wait to get to know him better.

It remains my postulate that procrastination, engineered wisely, can be extremely beneficial.

There will be a quiz in the morning. Number two pencils required.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, WTF - a new brother?!?!?!?!?

Wicked H said...

Brittski: I've never had a big brother and now I have been blog-officially adopted. I am SO excited!!

What? Are you jealous??????

Anonymous said...

I'll take that quiz tomorrow or maybe next week. K??


greg t

The CEO said...

Given that I'm already married, a sister is the perfect relationship. This way, Wicked can also be friends with my wife! I also have a whole box of #2 pencils.

Simply Bananas said...

I usually wait until the very last moment to renew my state inspection sticker on my car as well.

Anonymous said...

My husband is the worst procrastinator ever! Drives me crazy too. Now. I'm off to sharpen that pencil :o)

MommaBoo said...

Procrasination is so under-rated. I'm will you, it can be very effetive in certain situations.

Pencils ready!

Wicked H said...

The quiz has been postponed until further notice. My Parental units have returned and we need to get them settled back in to their routine.

This doesn't mean you all should stop studying, I can see you.....keep those pencils sharpened.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I read or hear the word procrastination I think of my dad.
He was the King o' the Heap on that one.
He never did today what he couldput off ...forever lol.
Congrats on the blog brother - very cool.
Oh and I do think drinking martinis does qualify as exercise - elbows my dear need exercise too.
Take care,
Frances

Margaret said...

I work much better under pressure. Procrastination is a sharp tool for those who use it wildly.........searching madly for #2 PENCILS.......