Friday, November 03, 2006

Inflammation and the International Conference Thereof

During our “shi-shi” spa retreat, we encountered an entire scientific international conference dedicated to the study of inflammation. Mind blowing isn’t it. (Those of you with your minds in the gutter, please take a moment to get it out of your systems)

We realized this gold mine while on the courtesy shuttle that was taking us to our parked car. You see, my sister (BS) and I are made of sugar and we thought we might melt in the pelting rain; ergo, the need for the shuttle. The other passenger on the shuttle was a lovely woman from Queens who was so excited to be able to spend the afternoon at Wal-Mart. They must grow them crazy in Queens. I cannot believe anyone would come all the way from NY to be happy to shop in Wal-Mart while attending a conference. Because BS is way more sociable than me, she inquired as to what type of conference the lady from Queens was attending. I thought I heard her say inflammation, BS thought she said information. By then we were at our car and I didn’t much care.

We went off to lunch and watched the Queens conference lady dodge 4 lanes of traffic in the deluge and make her way to Wal-Mart. Whatever. We returned from lunch, parked the car back in the lot and decided to cut through the conference center of the hotel to avoid most of the rain.

We entered the Inflammation Highway (pun most certainly intended). The entire place was decked out with scientific evidence of all things inflamed. I am not sure why but BS and I found this hysterical. I am pretty sure the scientists representing more nations than I can even point out on a globe, were not amused by our exhilaration. They were even less thrilled that we were trying to figure out how to lift any type of chachki available on the exhibition tables.

Theorems proven during this discovery? The scientists who study inflammation have zero sense of humor. Their trinkets were not worth the effort. Each time we spoke of the international conference dedicated to the study of inflammation, we laughed like hyenas. Of course the martinis may have played into the empirical evidence as well.

8 comments:

HotForSimon said...

Inflammation Highway??

You're joking, right?

wallofdenial said...

So ya think the Martini's might have somthing to do with it eh?

Anonymous said...

That you mock the Inflammation Research Association's International Conference just shows how mistunderstood the debilitating and powerful effects of inflmmation still are in this country.

Seriously, they call them scaminars for a reason.

And I love Wal-Mart. I never leave there without feeling better about myself.

Wicked H said...

Dave: I really don't think martinis skewded the scenario at all....hicuuup

t2ed: I am swollen with emotion! Also, nothing against those who love Wal-Mart, it's just that I hate all things shopping.

wallofdenial said...

yeah,,,,,DRUNK,,,,Thats always fun in public

Wicked H said...

Dave: It was all in the name of science.....I swear!

Anonymous said...

I love all things shopping and that's exactly WHY I hate Wal-Mart.

Don't ever feel you need to defend your disdain for Wal-Mart.

My work here is done.

Anonymous said...

I'm still pining over that inflammation pen....those people were very DRY (I attribute that to the inflammation :)