Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Enough Already

Thank goodness Election Day has finally arrived. I know that the nasty advertisement campaign is nothing new but seriously, I have had enough.

I’d like to think our voting public is a bit more sophisticated than using only the television commercials to make their decision. Surely we are better than that. Are you with me?

I honestly don’t want to know who you vote for, just please go out and vote. Remember, I will not put up with any of your complaints if I have found out you did not cast a vote.

This is Wicked H and I approve of this post. (Sorry, had to do it)

And another thing, do the people stalking the polling places honestly believe the piece of paper they shove into my hands is going to sway my decision? Hello? I am at the polling place; chances are I have already made up my mind. Just because your flyer is a pretty color will not change my mind. Give us voters more than a little credit.

Sheesh, this exercising your Constitutional Right is exhausting business.

Go. VOTE!

6 comments:

wallofdenial said...

It is my opinion that any advertising is basicly a lie.

So where does that put the politicians?

Basicly where we thought they were!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, you have WAY too much faith in the "public" in general.

Do you know how many people CAN be swayed by a pretty piece of paper or well produced commercial?

Nothing worse than ignorance on fire.

Wicked H said...

Dave: Sad, but true.

Miss Britt: Ignorance on Fire - brilliance! I bow to you......

Anonymous said...

I'm still in my pajamas, but I'm going at 2 or so. I CAN'T WAIT.

What I really can't wait for is to laugh at the losers who thought their negativity and manipulation would prevail.

HotForSimon said...

I say for the pretty pink ones.

KIDDING!!!!

Anonymous said...

I really liked the three automated phone calls yesterday telling me how to vote.

Luckily, I was just waiting for the phone to ring to tell me what to do.