Friday, October 14, 2005

Tympany With Taps

If you love classical music and you are a fan of Savion Glover, may I suggest you catch his show “Classical Savion.”

Ninety minutes of classical arrangements complete with rhythmic tap interpretation by Mr. Glover. I didn’t believe the pieces could have been enhanced by his tap dancing but I was definitely wrong. It was nothing less than brilliance. What made the evening even more special was the venue, one I had never visited before tonight, and the company of Little Mermaid and Brain Surgeon.

Happy belated birthday Mermaid and Brain Surgeon. I am kind of glad we didn’t get to celebrate until tonight. I don’t think it could have been any better.

I urge you to catch this show. It was amazing!

5 comments:

carrie said...

i like savion. he has a cool name and he was on sesame street.

Anonymous said...

Wicked: Thanks for the birthday present. It really was a fantastic program.....Mr. Glover turned his tap shoes into percussion instruments...amazing! I told everybody at work about it. Great show, thanks again! Happy Birthday to us!!

Wicked H said...

My pleasure!!

Jim Cooper said...

I saw the Savion Glover/Bobby McFerrin show recently. Outstanding! My ankles ached just from watching!

Weary Hag said...

It always thrills me when people eventually get turned onto tap dancing. I was an avid tap dancer many years ago and one of the first things that my instructor (a former NYC Rockette) told us was that our feet, when we put on a pair of tap shoes and learn to keep time, ARE indeed percussion instruments.

Wonderful that you got to enjoy this show! He is amazing.