Friday, October 28, 2005

Trip Without Luggage

This morning during our walk, Dexter, my 12 year old golden, proved to me that he is still very young at heart. Lately during his morning constitutional he is only able to saunter around the neighborhood. It comes with age. I have accepted that.

Today we had excitement. For some reason, I changed the schedule around a bit and we took our walk after I had gotten ready for work. My plan was to have our walk then off to work I’d go. Dexter decided to also change our routine. As he rounded the corner he encountered the neighborhood bunny. Today he decided chasing it was in order. The bunny was 18 feet away. How do I know this you may inquire? His leash is exactly 16 feet. When he reached his limit of 16 feet, he turned on the power and succeeded in nipping the bunny in the tail and knocking me down. In the process dragging me 2 feet in the dewy morning grass.

I am extremely proud of my furry kid. However, I would have preferred he perform this feat while I was still in my non-work clothes. Dexter still has it. Now I need to go and remove the blades of grass that are stuck in my teeth and change clothes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the bounder pup! I love it when my older animals act young.

Jess
monkeyzine.com

HotForSimon said...

Wow!!! Go Dexter, Go Dexter!!! My furry nephew still has some pep.

Hope you didn't wind up with anything ELSE in your teeth, considering the number of people that don't clean up after their dogs in that area! WHEW! LOL!!

D.S. White said...

A delightful accounting, I could picture your delight at Dexter's verve, as well as your chagrin at having to change.

Go Dexter!

Anonymous said...

Dexter, you go boy!! Having had "other things" in my mouth while sledding two years ago in that monster storm....let me tell you, it's no gourmet treat. I'm pround of you Dexter. I told Google all about it. Woof Woof.