Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Middle Ages

Today I am celebrating the 18th anniversary of my 25th birthday. You do the math. I already know the answer.

I am quite comfortable with the number. Once I hit 40, the numbers lost their daunting prowess. Of course when I was much younger, I imagined my life to be at a different stage by now. No matter, I have learned to go with the flow.

Other things I’ve learned:

*Simple pleasures are what make me tick, and I never take them for granted.

*I have no tolerance for drama or BS, for the most part I have eliminated them from my life.

*Any day that I have a conversation with my niece is a fantastic day.

*There are times that you don’t necessarily like each member of your family but you always love them.

I’ll leave you with a couple favorite birthday quotes:

To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am.
- Bernard M. Baruch
Middle age is when you've met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else.
- Ogden Nash
A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!
- Unknown

8 comments:

Chandira said...

Happy Birthday! :-)

You're younger than Robert. He's still living like an 18 yr old.. and looking like it! I'm sure you do too.

Reading those quotes, I must be fast approaching middle age.. lol

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm celebrating my 2nd anniversary of my 29th birthday in two weeks... I've noticed I'm retaining more water than normal.

I hear there are more hills to climb.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday !

Good attitude. It's the little things that make life worthwhile.

Anonymous said...

25+18 is the perfect age for a woman, in my humble opinion :)

HotForSimon said...

Happy Birthday, Bishy...

((I remembered, btw...))

Tell Billy Bob I say hello and it's HIS loss.

((LOL))

Wicked H said...

Chandira, Mona, Old Guy, Gareth and HFS:

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Mona happy early birthday to you.

Gareth, let's talk ;-)

HFS I am happy to send Billy Bob back your way ;-Þ

Anonymous said...

That depends if you're interested in talking to an "older man". I'm 18+31 :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is a late post, you know me....better late than never. We did a fun job celebrating our respective birthdays, considering I'm 8 yrs. ahead of you......sometimes I feel like 90, but most times I give the young 'uns a go for their money at work....so, you're only as young as you feel. (now where is my Advil bottle????)