Thursday, June 15, 2006

Brides To Be, Upside Down Pineapple Cake Shooters and Troy....Oh My!

Last night I dined with six of the most diverse women one would imagine congregating together. I am one lucky lady to have these core women to hang out with and most times we don’t even need an occasion.

We were gathered last night to send off one of our group into the land of matrimony. Another one bites the dust, sucker! Oh, ahem, I mean wishing you nothing but Happily Ever After. (I have some ocean front property up for sale located in downtown AZ. Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested)

Right, so where was I? I am a bit fuzzy this morning as I was introduced to my newest favorite thing on the planet, pineapple upside down cake shooters. Friends, if you have not had the pleasure I highly suggest you run right out at lunch and throw a couple of these puppies back. Yum!

Any of you worried that any ounce of alcohol went to waste? I am happily groggy to report that my partner in adventure type crimes and I made absolutely sure that any unattended glasses of champagne were imbibed. We had no trouble sharing every last drop.

I believe at some point in the evening I announced to the group that Troy, our 24 year old single server, and I would be getting married next week. He didn’t seem to mind and probably a third of our group believed me. (I also have prime swamp land in FL, let me know) As I mentioned before, we generally don’t need an excuse to assemble but I was really enjoying the attention the Bride was getting. So if you all aren’t busy next Wednesday night, come one come all.

8 comments:

wallofdenial said...

May I suggest a lot of vitimin B, It may help the groggies

Anonymous said...

Where are you and Troy registered, Wicked? I don't want to show up empty handed.

Pioneer Woman said...

Dang. I missed it!

Gregory Stewart said...

So, I ask, what happened with Troy?
And just how many did you have o fthe Upside Down Pineapple Cake Shooters? And by the way whats in them?

Wicked H said...

g.k.: Troy was doing well as we all left last night. Haven't heard from him, so maybe it was not meant to be...his loss. As well as I can remember I had only one shooter but also one T&T and at least 4 glasses of bubbly. Recipe for the shooter:1/2 oz Malibu® coconut rum 1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur 1 1/2 oz pineapple juice.
Enjoy!

Wicked H said...

Dave: I will remember that for next time.

Phillip: Just come on over, no worries. Register, shmegister.

Ree: I knew we were missing someone. Definitely next time!

Weary Hag said...

Imagine the new shooter types that will be all the rage come time to take your friend out in celebration of her divorce?

(sorry, just couldn't help myself. I really don't wish bad on anyone)

The Lost Girls said...

Your blog is so snark-alicious. Love it.

If you've got a sec, check out ours at www.lostgirlsworld.com