Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Stop! Or I’ll Shoot!

Recently at work, some of us were recounting any run ins we have had with the Law; speeding tickets mainly. I mentioned to the group that before a certain incident, I often wondered how State Troopers were able to pull over two motorists at one time.

It was the summer of my 25th year. My family had a small place in Ocean City, MD. With my younger sister in tow, we headed off to the Beach (“down the Ocean- Hon”). To avoid traffic, I usually made the trip late at night. We were on Route 90 heading east. I was one of two cars on the road at the time, the other car maybe half a mile behind me. A car headed west passed me. Instinctually, I looked in my rear view mirror to find the car was a State Trooper who made a sharp U-turn and was about to pull me over. I alerted my sister that fact and she went into panic mode, not sure why. I told her she needed to calm down and I pulled over. As I was slowing down the car behind me zoomed by, just then the Trooper pulled back into traffic and pulled that car over. I assumed that the Trooper wasn’t interested in me at all. I casually tried pulling back out onto the highway. The Trooper responded in kind by drawing his gun. My sister went into a shrieking surrender pose in the front seat, screaming don’t shoot, DON’T SHOOT!!!

I quickly pulled back onto the shoulder and apologized profusely. It was at that exact moment that I realized how Troopers were able to pull over multiple vehicles.

The Trooper came over to me first and found my sister still in surrender pose and hysterical. He was a kid. He was visibly upset by the reaction of my sibling. He stammered a few words about watching the speed limit and to be safe. He then waved us on our way.

To this day, my sister won’t drive at night. I think I may have scarred her for life. However, her histrionics got me out of what would have been a costly ticket.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wicked, you owe me a new key board. I have snorted pepsi all over mine. I am trying to picture your sister surrendering to the Trooper. I may have to change my under wear also.

Note to self, be prepared next time I log on to read.

Too funny!!

wallofdenial said...

Are you sure your not making that part about your sister up?

Wicked H said...

Phillip: Sorry guy, I keep extra key boards on hand for that purpose. Let me know where to send it.

Wall: I do have a great imagination, however I am not that good. She did indeed react as I wrote it.

HotForSimon said...

I know the sister...LOL...I can see it happening...

:)

Anonymous said...

I am a sister, not the one written about, but I asure you that that's probably what happened...tee hee. Ask wicked to write about the train trip in Turkey, then warn Phillip to have a new keyboard and clean underwear at hand before he reads it...:)