Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Miscommunication??????

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and sole survivor of the coal mine accident victims. I cannot wrap my head around how such a “miscommunication” could occur.

In this day and age of high tech everything, one would think such an important detail would be verified in triplicate before being reported. It must be that our society is in such a hurry to be the first to report news whether right or wrong that things like this can happen.

Deplorable!

4 comments:

wallofdenial said...

I agree, But I would also like to point out that the suffing on the gulf coast is still unbelievable, I do not want in any way to take away from the Faminly's in West Virginia suffering, as the way that was handled was as agreed deplorable, but dont let the media forget the Gulf coast, they need our help desprately

Wicked H said...

Absolutely, prayers and thoughts out to everyone.

Margaret said...

I was so heartbroken by seeing the front pages of two newspapers with the erroneous reports of the survivors. i think you are right, media is so intent on being first that accuracy is of secondary importance.

Weary Hag said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. "Deplorable" IS the definitive word here.

I can almost understand the foreman getting so excited by MIShearing the news and calling his family at the church, but the three hour wait to hear the truth was just plain WRONG and disgusting.