Thursday, September 15, 2005

Color Me Surprised

The first place I ever rented was a gorgeous lake house. I was very fortunate in that the East Jesus, NC market was not really set up for rental property. I had driven to NC with the sole purpose of finding a place to live before I made the move. I spent an entire day being shown houses to buy even though I repeatedly told the real estate agent that purchasing a home was not on my agenda. I had just agreed to move to East Jesus because the physician I was working for decided to move his practice. I wasn’t sure if I’d even like small town living, I needed a rental. I promised him that once I was ready to buy a place, he’d be the agent I’d use.

We looked the lake house one hour before I was scheduled to get back on the road north. It had been on the market over a year. I told the agent how much I liked the location and to ask the owner if I could rent it for a year. The deal maker was the fact that I would pay one years rent in advance. It was a done deal.

Because the it was a weekend house for the owner he offered it to me furnished. This was a 3 bedroom house which was furnished in typical weekend get-away fashion. None of the furniture matched. Most likely the pieces were hand me downs. It gave the house character, I enjoyed the ambiance. The house over looked Lake Tillery and had a very beautiful 3 level deck. It was all very serene and cheap by northern standards.

When I moved my stuff in, I had to empty the bedroom on the first floor of it’s contents. The closet in that room contained a metal box. It reminded me of a strong box, one that you might keep important papers or items in. The weight of the box made me think it might have a gun in it. Since I was moving it from it’s original location to the basement and because it was not locked, I peeked inside.

To my surprise, I found a cornucopia of S&M supplies. Yes friends, hand cuffs, studded dog collar and a short whip. Also in the box a few videos to complete the package. No wonder my dream lake house was a bargain. It also doubled as the weekend den of inequity for the truck drivers of the owner.

The next day I had the locks changed and asked the owner to go ahead and remove the furnishings. I really did not want anything to do with any of the contents of the house after my discovery. The owner sent his drivers to the house to collect the furniture. The first item removed, by all three drivers in tandem, was the strong box. I guess the S&M supplies were back with their rightful owners.

5 comments:

Chandira said...

LOL.. I have friends who'd LOVE that place.. ;-)

Sparkling said...

Sounds like it was a great place... except the box.

HotForSimon said...

Eek!!!

Reminds me of what they were talking about on my local morning show on the radio yesterday...about loved ones and family members finding "the box" after your demise. ((LOL))

Joe said...

hahahaha. UM! Ah geez...how skeevey! Burn that shit. :-D

Congrats tho! Once the dirty sex stuff is gone, this sounds like a really exciting place for you!

Weary Hag said...

Firstly, I never would have believed there could be a place called East Jesus. I don't get out much.

Secondly, HOLY COW! How ... yuck.
Glad you had the good sense to have the furnishing removed after that little 'find.'