Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Current State of Healthcare

Photobucket

This is one of many amusements I encounter on a daily basis, enjoy!

Staff Member #1: (sending global e-mail to all) Here’s your afternoon funny: A patient told us she would pay after she was seen. Before she left, the receptionist asked for her copay and she said she had to go to her car to get her wallet. The receptionist asked me if that was okay and I told her the patient had to sign the deferred copay form because once she reached her car she would be gone. When the patient was told this, she opted to leave her children in the office as collateral.

I think I need to call my mom and thank her for never using me as a loan.

E-mail Responder #1: Did she come back????

E-mail Responder #2: I have 4 kids – could I drop them off there sometime too?

If I could make this stuff up, I wouldn’t be writing for free.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a picture of the cadaceus (a symbol of Hermes/Mercury), not a Rod of Aesclepius (a symbol for medicine).

Common mistake.

Wicked H said...

Ginx: Duly noted - thank you.

The CEO said...

I wonder if you can sell the kids for the copay and buy either a cadaceus and/or a Rod of Aesclepius for the CFO's door with the surplus?

Wicked H said...

CEO: I am crunching the numbers, will get back to you & the CFO. I may even consult with Gruk. ;-)

Jenny said...

Hey. Just stopping by from BlogExplosion to say hi. Love your blog. I'll be bookmarking it for daily visits :)

Wicked H said...

Thanks Jenny, welcome aboard.

Nutcracker Sweet 54 said...

Being closely embroiled in the medical field, I have seen and hear it all......

t2ed said...

Love the Ransom of Red Chief.

I'm going to try that with dogs sometime.

Assymetrical Banter said...

hilarious!!Only this is't an effective method of payment always. Some parents are always ready to pawn their kids on someone else.

Melina said...

That is hilarious and sad at the same time. I like your style! I will be back.

Melina

http://wishfulthinking-melina.blogspot.com/