Friday, February 05, 2010

Snowpocolypse 2010

02/08/10: We are now expecting an additional 5 - 12inches of snow on top of this. My liver is ready for the continuation fo the game, my arms and back not ready for more shoveling. Drink up party people.

Photobucket

A majority of the East Coast is expecting record breaking snow starting today and all day Saturday. I am a snow lover right up until I have to begin the process of digging out. Oh well, I must take the good with the bad.

They are forecasting two feet of the white stuff, impressive. I decided I can handle this situation one of two ways. I can panic like the rest of the population and drain the stores of all supplies and wring my hands endlessly. I have decided to go another route, since my home is sufficiently stocked, I own a shovel and most importantly the liquor cabinet is always at full inventory. Therefore, I am going to start a drinking game, I will take a shot for each inch of snow that falls.

By the end of the storm, I won’t care how much shoveling there is ahead of me.

Drink and dig out safely – Cheers!

13 comments:

(Wandering_Grace) said...

Where are you located? I am in Newfoundland on Canada's East Coast and the snow already started and we are getting pounded! Work was called off, buses are off the roads and even the university is closed...hopefully you guys are expecting a different system than we are getting or if it is the same one, hopefully it dies down a bit before it gets to you. There is already about 5 inches down in a couple of hours and it isnt supposed to stop until tomorrow....should be fun shoveling this s**t later!

Robin said...

Sounds like a plan. Stay safe!

Wicked H said...

Andrea: You all be safe too. I am in Washington DC, I have taken 2 shots so far!

Robin: You guys are getting it also, right. You be safe too!

TC said...

Sound like a plan to me.
(and a darn good one)
shovel safely!

Wicked H said...

TC: Thanks. As you can see from the picture so far 23 inches of snow with at least 9 more expected. The shoveling, I am sitting inside trying to come up with a sound plan. More like wishing some kid will knock on my door and ask if I need help shoveling help. PLEASE!!!

Rich said...

I've learnt to really grow distaste for snow this year. The ammount of accidents I've seen on the roads is ridiculous!

G.~ said...

Stay Safe.

Robin said...

No snow for us. Just a lovely cold rain.

Steve Brown said...

Yep. I'm in Philly. I've got 2 cases of vodka and 5 cases of beer. I'm ready for anything nature has to throw at me.

The only thing I hate about these NE blizzards is that my local roller rink closes on really bad snow days.

Ihsan Khairir said...

global warming is a myth... maybe?

I used to live in Michigan and i've had my share of 'snowpocalypse' like this...

Kate the Book Buff said...

I so wish I lived where we get snow!!! I live in Las Vegas, it is February 12, and it is t shirt and shorts weather out there at 9:30 in the morning!!! Its just not natural!!! I know snow is difficult to drive in, but do you know what is difficult to live in? 130 degree heat in the summer!

http://www.thebookbuff.blogspot.com

Ken Wooi said...

oh i miss the snow! =)

kenwooi.com

Unknown said...

Holy crap... that's just crazy.

Stay warm ;)